It took us about 29 hours to get from Calgary to Bali. That is a rough flight for anyone, even before adding children into the mix. Let me paint a picture for you about how our travels went: 29 hour travel day: William slept for 25 hours. 29 hour travel day: Georgia slept for 4 hours. Georgia hates sleeping when we fly and she’s been known to fall asleep the moment we land.
I have always found traveling with William and Georgia difficult. For me, the difficulty started when each of them was about 5 months old and continued until William was about 2.5 years old… Georgia is still in the thick of the difficulty, to put it gently. She’s still breastfeeding at a year and a half and there is no end in sight. I swear she tried to breastfeed 85 times on our 13 hour flight from Vancouver to Taipei.
To get ready for big travel days or when my kids are sick, the first thing I do is drink a lot of water. The more hydrated I am the easier it is for my body to make milk for my milk addict, Georgia. Then I pump, pump, pump. Poor Michael was never able to give her a bottle when she was a little baby because she would refuse every time… and to be honest William wasn’t a fan but at least he would take a bottle in an emergency. Georgia wouldn’t drink from a bottle UNTIL she tried the Philips Avent bottles! I wish I would have tried these bottles and Philips Avent’s Double Electric Breast Pump system when she was 3 months old when I needed to get out of the house!!!
I am all for breastfeeding (I am not entirely sure if Georgia will ever wean, ha!) but with our next baby I am introducing bottles way, way earlier. The Avent Double Breast Pump will be able to help with just that! It is really important to me to be able to get out of the house and have some adult time… I wonder if my PPD wouldn’t have been as bad as it was/is if I was able to get out of the house more when Georgia was a baby.
A few wonderful features of the Philips Avent Double Electric Breast Pump are:
– Save time: the time it saves because you can pump both sides at the same time (I feel like this is a PERFECT option for you twin mamas out there. I’m sure my sister would have loved it!)
– Comfort settings: the speed can be set to low, medium or fast for quick pump sessions.
– Unique design: you can relax when pumping and you don’t have to lean forward because the milk flows directly from your breast into the bottle.
– Soft massage cushion: it is really quite soft!
– Simple set up & clean up: few separate parts make expression easy. The closed system results in no milk spillage into the tubes and is designed for hygienic expression.
If you are in the market for a breast pump or if you are a new mom like I was and you are in dire need of a night out and you need your baby to take a bottle, definitely give the Philips Avent line a try! They products are tried and true!!!
Love from Indonesia xo….